Lihue dental services and treatments including teeth cleaning dentures gum disease treatment, mouth guards, oral surgery, restorative care, sealants, TMD/TMJ therapy, root canals, endodontics, dental implants, extraction, periodontal surgery, bleaching/whitening, bonding, crowns and bridges, contouring and reshaping, and veneers. We work with you to find the best solution for your dental needs.
Dr. Ameer Eghbarieh, DMD is a dedicated dentist offering years of experience to the residents of Kauai . Moreover, Dr Ameer is a happy, knowledgeable, interested, and above all, knows how to provide quality dentistry.
Lihue Dental Services Include:
- Teeth cleaning – Teeth cleaning is an important part of oral hygiene. It consists of the removal of dental plaque from teeth with the purpose of preventing cavities, gingivitis, and periodontal disease. Our experienced dental hygienists will complete this treatment for you.
- Dentures – A partial or complete set of removable artificial teeth for either the upper or lower jaw. Also known as a dental plate.
- Gum disease treatment – Periodontitis is a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and can destroy the bone that supports your teeth. During the treatment, we will thoroughly remove tartar and bacteria in the pockets around the teeth. This will prevent damage to the surrounding bone.
- Mouth guards – A mouth guard is a device for the mouth that protects the teeth and gums. Mouth guards use helps prevent injury to the teeth, arches, lips and gums. A mouth guard is most often used in contact sports, as a treatment for tooth-grinders, and for TMD or TJM.
- Oral surgery – Oral surgery includes the extraction of teeth, bone grafting, soft tissue grafting, dental implants, or adjustment of soft and hard tissue. The most common form are extractions, which could involve removing broken down teeth that cannot be saved, or wisdom teeth.
- Restorative care – A restoration (a filling) is when a your dentist complete a repair for the function of the tooth by replacing missing or damaged tooth structure.
- Sealants – Dental sealants are a thin plastic layer that we place on the chewing surface of the permanent back teeth (premolars and molars). Sealants form a protective shield over the enamel of each tooth which prevent decay.
- TMD/TMJ therapy – (Temporomandibular Joint Disorders) The temporomandibular joint is a ball and socket joint in your jaw. When this joint is, or becomes misaligned this can attribute to an array of symptoms that can affect you entire body. Dr. Ameer Eghbarieh will make assessment to determine what treatment is best for you.
- Root canal/Endodontics – Your dentist will suggest a root canal when the pulp (soft tissue inside teeth that contain nerves, connective tissue, and blood vessels) becomes diseased or swollen. This treatment requires your dentist to remove the diseased pulp. The pulp chamber and root canals of the tooth are then debrided, cleaned and sealed. If the infected pulp is not removed, increased inflammation and pain can result, and if left untreated, may require extraction of the tooth.
- Dental implants – Dental implants are the most comfortable and permanent solution for missing teeth. They form a strong foundation for teeth and keep the jaw healthy and strong. additionally, Implants support individual replacement teeth or secure specialized dentures in place. Unlike most bridges, implants can last a lifetime and are attractive, stable, and comfortable.
- Extraction – Removal of a tooth or teeth. Some teeth are extracted because they are severely decayed; others may have advanced periodontal disease, or have cracked in a way that cannot be repaired. Other teeth may need removal because they are poorly positioned in the mouth (such as impacted teeth), or in preparation for orthodontic treatment.
- Periodontal surgery – Periodontal surgery treats disease or repair abnormalities in the periodontium and associated teeth. It can treat a “gummy” smile, uneven gum line, exposed roots and/or receded gums.
- Bleaching/whitening – Teeth whitening is the process in which bleach or other solutions are used to give teeth a whiter appearance. The bleach removes stains or other discolorations from the surfaces of the teeth.
- Bonding – Tooth bonding is the application of a tooth-colored resin material using adhesives and a high intensity curing light. Bonding is typically used for cosmetic purposes to improve the appearance of a discolored or chipped tooth. In addition, It closes spaces between teeth, to make teeth longer, or to change the shape or color of teeth.
- Crowns and bridges – Crowns and most bridges are fixed prosthetic devices that replace missing teeth. They are different from removable devices such as dentures because your dentist cement them permanently onto existing teeth or implants.
- Contouring and reshaping – Dental reshaping and contouring is a procedure that your dentist will perform to correct crooked teeth, cracked/chipped teeth as well as overlapping teeth.
- Veneers – Dental veneers are a thin, custom-made shell of tooth-colored material. Its purpose is to cover the front surface of teeth to improve the overall appearance. These shells are bonded with dental cement and can change the color, size, length, or shape of the teeth.